Tuesday, November 26, 2013
ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - -
ABC'S DANCING WITH THE STARS AND CASTLE GROW - NETWORK'S MOST-WATCHED MONDAY IN 8 MONTHS (11/25)
Print This Document
note: To use this function, upgrade your browser: Quick Download

Quick Take for Monday, November 25, 2013

(Fast Affiliate Live +Same Day Ratings)


ABC Stands as Monday’s Most-Watched Broadcaster for the 4th Week in a Row

 

ABC’s Monday Finale of “Dancing with the Stars” is the Top Entertainment Show and Leads NBC’s “The Voice” by its Largest Head-to-Head Advantage

 

Winter Finale of “Castle” Ranks as Monday’s Top Scripted Program for the 6th Time in Last 7 Telecasts With its Largest Audience Since its Season Opener

 

Monday Night 8:00-11:00 p.m. (13.3 million and 2.1/5 in AD18-49):

ABC was Monday’s most-watched broadcaster for the 4th week in a row (13.3 million), topping runner-up NBC by 20% (11.1 million). ABC’s “Dancing” continued to draw more viewers than NBC’s “The Voice” (14.2 million vs. 11.3 million), holding a 2.9 million viewer advantage (biggest advantage this season in head-to-head competition). In addition, ABC tied for No. 2 on the night in Adults 18-49.  ABC’s “Castle” was the night’s most-watched scripted TV show for the 6th time in its last 7 telecasts, topping NBC’s “Blacklist” (11.4 million vs. 10.8 million).

 

  • Up for the 2nd week in a row, ABC marked its most-watched Monday in 8 months and equaled its best young adult number since season-premiere Monday – since 3/18/13 and 9/23/13, respectively.

 

“Dancing with the Stars” (8:00-10:00 p.m. – 14.2 million and 2.2/6 in AD18-49):

Building its numbers on night 1 of its 2-night season finale, ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars” was Monday’s most-watched entertainment show for the 5th week in a row. Bill Engvall was the next celebrity dancer eliminated from the competition. Growing week to week in Total Viewers (+3%) and Adults 18-49 (+10%), “DWTS” drew its biggest audience since its season premiere and scored a 9-week high with young adults – since 9/16/13 and 9/23/13, respectively. Season to date, “Dancing” is up 4% in Adults 18-49.

 

“Castle” (10:00-11:00 p.m. – 11.4 million and 2.1/6 in AD18-49):

During the 10 o’clock hour, ABC’s winter finale of “Castle” stood as the most-watched TV show, leading “Blacklist” by 6% (11.4 million vs. 10.8 million). “Castle” was up week to week in Total Viewers (+5%) and Adults 18-49 (+11%), with its biggest audience since its season opener 9 weeks ago on 9/23/13. Season to date, “Castle” is up 15% in Adults 18-49.

 

A note about increasing DVR penetration and year-to-year rating comparisons: Year-to-year rating comparisons based on the Live + Same Day data stream are distorted by the level of DVR penetration in the Nielsen sample, which has jumped up to 48% currently, from 46% at the same point in 2012. More viewers are watching shows on their own timetables, which may not be reflected in the overnight next day numbers. The only truly valid year-to-year comparison would be one based on the Live + 7 Day metric, once those stats are released by Nielsen.

 

Source: The Nielsen Company, Fast Affiliate Live + Same Day Ratings, 11/25/13.     



Jeff Lindsey (818) 460-5095 jeffrey.s.lindsey@disney.com / Pons Rongavilla (818) 460-5615 ponciano.rongavilla@disney.com / Salima Merchant (818) 460-6847 salima.merchant@disney.com