Select a specific HELP topic:
Finding & Downloading Assets
Update User Profile
Forgot My Username/Password
Click here to log in
The Astronaut Wives Club
Fresh Off The Boat
How to Get Away with Murder
Last Man Standing
Manhattan Love Story
Marvel's Agent Carter
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Once Upon a Time
Secrets and Lies
America's Funniest Home Videos
The Bachelorette: After The Final Rose
The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All
Bachelor in Paradise
Bet On Your Baby
Celebrity Wife Swap
Dancing with the Stars
Extreme Weight Loss
The Great Christmas Light Fight
ABC World News with David Muir
ABC World News with Diane Sawyer
America This Morning
Good Morning America
Good Morning America: Weekend Edition
News Correspondents and Reporters
This Week with
What Would You Do?
World News Now
Jimmy Kimmel Live
CMA Music Festival: Country's Night To Rock (8/5)
Toy Story That Time Forgot (12/2)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (8/16)
Other Press Sites
DATG Press Sites
Disney|ABC Television Group
ESPN / ABC Sports Press Site
Request a specific photo or video clip:
Video Clip Request
Thursday, October 29, 2009
ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -
ABC OVERNIGHT RATINGS (10/28)
: To use this function, upgrade your browser:
October 29, 2009
Quick Take for Wednesday, October 28, 2009
(Fast Affiliate Live + Same Day Ratings)
TV's No. 1 Non-Sports Net on Wednesday, ABC Scores its Highest
Adult 18-49 Rating on the Night in 4 Weeks, Opposite the World Series
"Modern Family" and "Cougar Town" Are the Night's Top 2 Series in Key Adults
Achieving a Best-Since-Premiere Adult 18-49 Rating, "The Middle" Finishes
As the No. 1 Non-Sports Program at 8:30pm in Viewers and Young Adults
Opposite the World Series, "Modern Family" Hits its Top Adult 18-49 Number
In 4 Weeks and Marks Series Highs with Adults 18-34, Key Men, Teens and Kids
Building Week to Week Among Viewers and Young Adults,
"Cougar Town" Tallies a Best-Since-Premiere Number in Men 18-34
At 10pm, ABC's "Eastwick" Beats "NBC's "Jay Leno" by 20% in Adults 18-49, Growing by 13% Over the Prior Week in the Key Young Adult Sales Demo
Wednesday Night (8:00-11:00 p.m.)
ABC finished as the No. 1 non-sports network on Wednesday night among Adults 18-49 (2.5/6).
* Despite going up against Game 1 of the 2009 World Series (NY Yankees-Philadelphia Phillies) on the night, ABC posted its highest-rated Wednesday in 4 weeks (since 9/30/09) among Adults 18-49, surging by 14% over the prior week (2.5/6 vs. 2.2/6). In fact each of ABC's Wednesday series increased week to week in Total Viewers and Adults 18-49.
* With "Modern Family" and "Cougar Town," ABC delivered the Top 2 series telecasts on Wednesday across the key Adult demos (AD18-34/AD18-49/AD25-54).
"The Middle" (8:30-9:00 p.m.)
Building on its lead-in at 8:30 p.m. (a replay of "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown"), ABC's "The Middle" finished as the No. 1 non-sports TV show in its half-hour among Total Viewers (6.6 million) and Adults 18-49 (2.2/6).
* "The Middle" was up week to week by 10% in Adults 18-49 (2.2/6 vs. 2.0/6), to post a best-since premiere number. The new comedy hit series-highs with Men 18-34, Teens 12-17 and Kids 2-11.
"Modern Family" (9:00-9:30 p.m.)
Shooting up from its lead-in by 68% in Adults 18-49, ABC's "Modern Family" beat out its non-sports competitors at 9:00pm to qualify as the No. 1 TV series of the night (3.7/9). The ABC series won its hour, beating the World Series, among key Women: W18-49 (4.2/10) and W25-54 (4.8/11).
* "Modern Family" was up week to week in Total Viewers (+6%) Adults 18-49 (+9%), hitting its best young adult number in 4 weeks - since 9/30/09. Although it faced the World Series, the freshman ABC comedy achieved series-high numbers in Adults 18-34, key Men (M18-34/M18-49), Teens 12-17 and Kids 2-11.
* "Modern Family" is exhibiting big increases over its first-reported numbers through DVR playback, jumping by 1.2 million viewers and by an additional 7-tenths of an Adult 18-49 rating point from the initially reported Live + Same Day Numbers to the Live + 7 Day DVR finals.
"Cougar Town" (9:30-10:00 p.m.)
Following its lead, ABC's "Cougar Town" defeated its non-sports competition at 9:30 p.m. and finished as the No. 2 TV series on Wednesday in Adults 18-49 (3.2/8).
* "Cougar Town" gained week to week in viewers and young adults, while hitting a best-since-premiere number with Men 18-34.
* Like its lead-in, "Cougar Town" is producing gains over its first-reported numbers through DVR playback, increasing by 1.1 million viewers and by an additional 5-tenths of an Adult 18-49 rating point from the initially reported Live + Same Day Numbers to the Live + 7 Day DVR finals.
"Eastwick" (10:00-11:00 p.m.)
ABC's "Eastwick" continued to beat NBC's "Jay Leno" in the 10 o'clock hour, leading by 20% this week among Adults 18-49 (1.8/5 vs. 1.5/4).
* "Eastwick" built its Adult 18-49 audience by 13% over the prior week (1.8/5 vs. 1.6/4), tallying its best number in 3 weeks.
* "Eastwick" is seeing bumps from the first-reported numbers through DVR playback, surging by 1.0 million viewers and by an additional 4-tenths of an Adult 18-49 rating point from the initially reported Live + Same Day Numbers to the Live + 7 Day DVR finals.
A note about increasing DVR penetration and year-to-year rating comparisons: Year-to-year rating comparisons based on the Live + Same Day data stream are distorted by the level of DVR penetration in the Nielsen sample, which has jumped up to 33% currently, from 28% at the same point in 2008. More viewers are watching shows on their own timetables, which may not be reflected in the overnight next day numbers. The only truly valid year-to-year comparison would be one based on the Live + 7 Day metric, once those stats are released by Nielsen.
Source: Nielsen Media Research (Fast Affiliate, Live + Same Day Ratings), 10/28/09.
ABC Media Relations Contact: Jeff Lindsey (818) 460-5095 firstname.lastname@example.org / Pons Rongavilla (818) 460-5615 email@example.com / Susan Sewell (212) 456-1508 firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2014 American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.
All rights reserved.