Select a specific HELP topic:
Finding & Downloading Assets
Update User Profile
Forgot My Username/Password
Click here to log in
Back in the Game
Last Man Standing
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Once Upon a Time
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland
Super Fun Night
America's Funniest Home Videos
Dancing with the Stars
Extreme Weight Loss
The Great Christmas Light Fight
ABC World News with David Muir
ABC World News with Diane Sawyer
ABC News Now
ABC's The Lookout
America This Morning
Good Afternoon America
Good Morning America
Good Morning America: Weekend Edition
News Correspondents and Reporters
This Week with
What Would You Do?
World News Now
Would You Fall For That?
Jimmy Kimmel Live
Santa Claus is Comin' to Town (12/9)
Disney Prep & Landing (12/16)
Prep & Landing: Naughty vs. Nice (12/16)
A Charlie Brown Christmas (12/19)
I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown! (12/21)
Shrek The Halls (12/23)
Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas 40th Anniversary Special Edition (12/24)
Happy New Year, Charlie Brown (12/30)
Rudolph's Shiny New Year (12/30)
The Bachelor: Sean and Catherine’s Wedding (1/26)
The Sound of Music (12/22)
Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (12/24)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (12/29)
Other Press Sites
DATG Press Sites
Disney|ABC Television Group
Disney|ABC Domestic Television
ESPN / ABC Sports Press Site
Request a specific photo or video clip:
Video Clip Request
Thursday, October 22, 2009
ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -
ABC OVERNIGHT RATINGS (10/21)
: To use this function, upgrade your browser:
Quick Take for Wednesday, October 21, 2009
(Fast Affiliate Live + Same Program Ratings)
"Hank" Sees Week-to-Week Increases in Adults 18-34 and Key Men
Surging from its Lead-in at 8:30pm, ABC's Freshman "The Middle" Tops
Its CBS Comedy Competition with Adults 18-34 and Men 18-34
ABC's "Modern Family" is Wednesday's No. 1 Entertainment TV Show
Among Men 18-49 for the Second Week in a Row
ABC's "Cougar Town" Takes Second at 9:30 pm Among Key Men
ABC's "Eastwick" Tops "NBC's "Jay Leno" by 13% among Adults 18-49
"Hank" (8:00-8:30 p.m.)
At 8:00 p.m., ABC's freshman comedy "Hank" saw week-to-week increases of 10% among Adults 18-34 (1.1/4 vs. 1.0/3), 8% in Men 18-49 (1.4/4 vs. 1.3/4) and 6% Men 25-54 (1.8/5 vs. 1.7/5).
* "Hank" is seeing increases over its first-reported numbers through DVR playback, picking up half-a-million viewers and an additional 2-tenths of an Adult 18-49 rating point from the initially reported Live + Same Day Numbers to the Live + 7 Day DVR finals.
"The Middle" (8:30-9:00 p.m.)
Building audience for ABC at 8:30 p.m., ABC's "The Middle" grew from its lead-in by 10% in Total Viewers (6.4 million vs. 5.8 million) and by 33% (2.0/6 vs. 1.5/5). ABC's freshman "The Middle" beat its established CBS comedy competition in the time period ("Gary Unmarried") among Adults 18-34 (+8% - 1.4/5 vs. 1.3/4) and Men 18-34 (+10% - 1.1/4 vs. 1.0/4).
* "The Middle" is posting significant gains over its first-reported numbers through DVR playback, picking up 800,000 viewers and an additional 4-tenths of an Adult 18-49 rating point from the initially reported Live + Same Day Numbers to the Live + 7 Day DVR finals.
"Modern Family" (9:00-9:30 p.m.)
Building on its lead-in at 9:00 p.m., ABC's "Modern Family" finished as the No. 2 non-sports program in the half-hour among Adult 18-49 (3.3/9-tied), while ranking No. 1 with Men 18-49 for the 3rd time in 4 airings (2.8/8-tied).
* The new ABC comedy stood as Wednesday's No. 1 entertainment program with Men 18-49 (2.8/8-tied) for the 2nd week in a row.
* "Modern Family" is exhibiting big increases over its first-reported numbers through DVR playback, jumping by 1.2 million viewers and by an additional 6-tenths of an Adult 18-49 rating point from the initially reported Live + Same Day Numbers to the Live + 7 Day DVR finals.
"Cougar Town" (9:30-10:00 p.m.)
Continuing to deliver strong lead-in retention for ABC at 9:30pm in a highly-competitive half-hour against the second-half of CBS' "Criminal Minds" and Fox's "Glee," "Cougar Town" took second among its entertainment competition in its time slot in Men 18-49 (2.3/6) and Men 25-54 (2.8/7).
* Like its lead-in, "Cougar Town" is producing gains over its first-reported numbers through DVR playback, increasing by 1.0 million viewers and by an additional 5-tenths of an Adult 18-49 rating point from the initially reported Live + Same Day Numbers to the Live + 7 Day DVR finals.
"Eastwick" (10:00-11:00 p.m.)
Opposite CBS' veteran drama, "CSI: NY," ABC's freshman "Eastwick" defeated NBC's "Jay Leno" in Adults 18-49 (+13% - 1.7/5 vs. 1.5/4).
* "Eastwick" is seeing bumps from first-reported numbers through DVR playback, surging by 1.1 million viewers and by an additional 4-tenths of an Adult 18-49 rating point from the initially reported Live + Same Day Numbers to the Live + 7 Day DVR finals.
A note about increasing DVR penetration and year-to-year rating comparisons: Year-to-year rating comparisons based on the Live + Same Day data stream are distorted by the level of DVR penetration in the Nielsen sample, which has jumped up to 33% currently, from 27% at the same point in 2008. More viewers are watching shows on their own timetables, which may not be reflected in the overnight next day numbers. The only truly valid year-to-year comparison would be one based on the Live + 7 Day metric, once those stats are released by Nielsen.
Source: Nielsen Media Research (National, Fast Affiliate, Live + Same Day Ratings), 10/21/09.
ABC Media Relations Contact:
Jeff Lindsey (818) 460-5095 email@example.com / Pons Rongavilla (818) 460-5615 firstname.lastname@example.org / Susan Sewell (212) 456-1508 email@example.com
© 2013 American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.
All rights reserved.