Select a specific HELP topic:
Finding & Downloading Assets
Update User Profile
Forgot My Username/Password
Click here to log in
ABC HALLOWEEN SPOOKTACULAR
Once Upon a Time Premiere Event (9/21)
The Astronaut Wives Club
Fresh Off The Boat
How to Get Away with Murder
Last Man Standing
Manhattan Love Story
Marvel's Agent Carter
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Once Upon a Time
Secrets and Lies
America's Funniest Home Videos
Bachelor in Paradise
Dancing with the Stars
Dancing with the Stars: The Results
The Great Christmas Light Fight
ABC World News Tonight with David Muir
ABC World News Tonight Saturday and Sunday
America This Morning
Good Morning America
Good Morning America: Weekend Edition
News Correspondents and Reporters
This Week with
What Would You Do?
World News Now
Jimmy Kimmel Live
Toy Story of TERROR! (10/15)
It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (10/30)
The 48th Annual CMA Awards (11/5)
Toy Story That Time Forgot (12/2)
The Great Halloween Fright Fight (10/28)
CMA Country Christmas (12/1)
Other Press Sites
DATG Press Sites
Disney|ABC Television Group
ESPN / ABC Sports Press Site
Request a specific photo or video clip:
Video Clip Request
Thursday, October 22, 2009
ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -
ABC OVERNIGHT RATINGS (10/21)
: To use this function, upgrade your browser:
Quick Take for Wednesday, October 21, 2009
(Fast Affiliate Live + Same Program Ratings)
"Hank" Sees Week-to-Week Increases in Adults 18-34 and Key Men
Surging from its Lead-in at 8:30pm, ABC's Freshman "The Middle" Tops
Its CBS Comedy Competition with Adults 18-34 and Men 18-34
ABC's "Modern Family" is Wednesday's No. 1 Entertainment TV Show
Among Men 18-49 for the Second Week in a Row
ABC's "Cougar Town" Takes Second at 9:30 pm Among Key Men
ABC's "Eastwick" Tops "NBC's "Jay Leno" by 13% among Adults 18-49
"Hank" (8:00-8:30 p.m.)
At 8:00 p.m., ABC's freshman comedy "Hank" saw week-to-week increases of 10% among Adults 18-34 (1.1/4 vs. 1.0/3), 8% in Men 18-49 (1.4/4 vs. 1.3/4) and 6% Men 25-54 (1.8/5 vs. 1.7/5).
* "Hank" is seeing increases over its first-reported numbers through DVR playback, picking up half-a-million viewers and an additional 2-tenths of an Adult 18-49 rating point from the initially reported Live + Same Day Numbers to the Live + 7 Day DVR finals.
"The Middle" (8:30-9:00 p.m.)
Building audience for ABC at 8:30 p.m., ABC's "The Middle" grew from its lead-in by 10% in Total Viewers (6.4 million vs. 5.8 million) and by 33% (2.0/6 vs. 1.5/5). ABC's freshman "The Middle" beat its established CBS comedy competition in the time period ("Gary Unmarried") among Adults 18-34 (+8% - 1.4/5 vs. 1.3/4) and Men 18-34 (+10% - 1.1/4 vs. 1.0/4).
* "The Middle" is posting significant gains over its first-reported numbers through DVR playback, picking up 800,000 viewers and an additional 4-tenths of an Adult 18-49 rating point from the initially reported Live + Same Day Numbers to the Live + 7 Day DVR finals.
"Modern Family" (9:00-9:30 p.m.)
Building on its lead-in at 9:00 p.m., ABC's "Modern Family" finished as the No. 2 non-sports program in the half-hour among Adult 18-49 (3.3/9-tied), while ranking No. 1 with Men 18-49 for the 3rd time in 4 airings (2.8/8-tied).
* The new ABC comedy stood as Wednesday's No. 1 entertainment program with Men 18-49 (2.8/8-tied) for the 2nd week in a row.
* "Modern Family" is exhibiting big increases over its first-reported numbers through DVR playback, jumping by 1.2 million viewers and by an additional 6-tenths of an Adult 18-49 rating point from the initially reported Live + Same Day Numbers to the Live + 7 Day DVR finals.
"Cougar Town" (9:30-10:00 p.m.)
Continuing to deliver strong lead-in retention for ABC at 9:30pm in a highly-competitive half-hour against the second-half of CBS' "Criminal Minds" and Fox's "Glee," "Cougar Town" took second among its entertainment competition in its time slot in Men 18-49 (2.3/6) and Men 25-54 (2.8/7).
* Like its lead-in, "Cougar Town" is producing gains over its first-reported numbers through DVR playback, increasing by 1.0 million viewers and by an additional 5-tenths of an Adult 18-49 rating point from the initially reported Live + Same Day Numbers to the Live + 7 Day DVR finals.
"Eastwick" (10:00-11:00 p.m.)
Opposite CBS' veteran drama, "CSI: NY," ABC's freshman "Eastwick" defeated NBC's "Jay Leno" in Adults 18-49 (+13% - 1.7/5 vs. 1.5/4).
* "Eastwick" is seeing bumps from first-reported numbers through DVR playback, surging by 1.1 million viewers and by an additional 4-tenths of an Adult 18-49 rating point from the initially reported Live + Same Day Numbers to the Live + 7 Day DVR finals.
A note about increasing DVR penetration and year-to-year rating comparisons: Year-to-year rating comparisons based on the Live + Same Day data stream are distorted by the level of DVR penetration in the Nielsen sample, which has jumped up to 33% currently, from 27% at the same point in 2008. More viewers are watching shows on their own timetables, which may not be reflected in the overnight next day numbers. The only truly valid year-to-year comparison would be one based on the Live + 7 Day metric, once those stats are released by Nielsen.
Source: Nielsen Media Research (National, Fast Affiliate, Live + Same Day Ratings), 10/21/09.
ABC Media Relations Contact:
Jeff Lindsey (818) 460-5095 firstname.lastname@example.org / Pons Rongavilla (818) 460-5615 email@example.com / Susan Sewell (212) 456-1508 firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2014 American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.
All rights reserved.