Select a specific HELP topic:
Finding & Downloading Assets
Update User Profile
Forgot My Username/Password
Click here to log in
The Astronaut Wives Club
Fresh Off The Boat
How to Get Away with Murder
Last Man Standing
Manhattan Love Story
Marvel's Agent Carter
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Once Upon a Time
Secrets and Lies
America's Funniest Home Videos
Bachelor in Paradise
Dancing with the Stars
Dancing with the Stars: The Results
The Great Christmas Light Fight
ABC World News Tonight with David Muir
ABC World News Tonight Saturday and Sunday
America This Morning
Good Morning America
Good Morning America: Weekend Edition
News Correspondents and Reporters
This Week with
What Would You Do?
World News Now
Jimmy Kimmel Live
The 2014 American Music Awards (11/23)
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (11/26)
Thank You, America! with Robin Roberts (11/27)
CMA Country Christmas (12/1)
Toy Story That Time Forgot (12/2 & 12/23)
A Charlie Brown Christmas (12/2 & 12/16)
Santa Clause is Comin' to Town (12/9)
Backstage With Disney On Broadway: Celebrating 20 Years (12/14)
Barbara Walters Presents: The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2014 (12/14)
Disney Prep & Landing (12/16)
Disney Prep & Landing 2: Naughty vs. Nice (12/16)
I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown (12/20)
Shrek The Halls (12/23)
Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas (12/25)
Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas (12/25)
Happy New Year, Charlie Brown (12/29)
Rudolph's Shiny New Year (12/29)
Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2015 (12/31)
Other Press Sites
DATG Press Sites
Disney|ABC Television Group
ESPN / ABC Sports Press Site
Request a specific photo or video clip:
Video Clip Request
Thursday, September 02, 2010
ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT - - - - -
DISNEY/ABC, ESPN AND TIME WARNER CABLE SIGN LONG-TERM, WIDE-RANGING AGREEMENT
: To use this function, upgrade your browser:
DISNEY/ABC, ESPN AND TIME WARNER CABLE SIGN LONG-TERM, WIDE-RANGING AGREEMENT TO CARRY A VARIETY OF VIDEO & DIGITAL SERVICES
To Tweet this release, use this link:
Agreement Includes Several New Services for Subscribers, Including Disney Junior, ESPN3.com, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Buzzer Beater and Expanded VOD Offerings
September 2, 2010 -- BURBANK and NEW YORK- Disney/ABC Television Group, ESPN and Time Warner Cable today entered into a long-term, wide-ranging agreement that will provide Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks cable customers the programming of ABC Family, Disney Channel, Disney XD, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNEWS, ESPNU, ESPN Classic, ESPN Deportes and SOAPnet, as well as WABC in New York, KABC in Los Angeles, WTVD in Raleigh-Durham-Fayetteville, WTVG in Toledo, and associated HD cable networks. Subscribers will also have unprecedented digital access to online content and expanded Video On Demand services.
This extensive and expanded rights package, Disney Media Network's most expansive content agreement to date, provides for:
* The recently announced Disney Junior, a new 24-hour basic channel for preschool-age children, parents and caregivers. Available to Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks cable customers upon its debut in 2012, the new channel will feature animated and live action programming which blends Disney's unparalleled storytelling and beloved characters with learning, including early math, language skills, healthy eating and lifestyles and social skills.
* The addition of ESPN3.com, ESPN's live sports broadband network, which will be available to all Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks subscribers who get ESPN. ESPN3.com gives Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks fans a 24/7 online destination that delivers more than 3,500 live, global sports events annually as part of TV Everywhere. This addition also gives Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks the right to feature cleared content from ESPN3.com on its sports tier.
* Access to a new authenticated service, which will give Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks subscribers the opportunity to watch the linear networks ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU through their broadband services, as well as mobile Internet devices like an iPad. Details on the launch will be forthcoming.
* A new service, developed with Time Warner Cable, called ESPN Goal Line, a super-highlight channel that will be available only to Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks sports tier subscribers as early as September 4. ESPN Goal Line will take fans around the best matchups each Saturday during the NCAA football season. The once-a-week network will include live look-ins to game action, focusing on scoring drives and up-to-the minute commentary from analysts and experts. A similar service called ESPN Buzzer Beater will be available for the college basketball season.
* Expanded VOD services in many markets will include:
> ABC On Demand, ABC's fast forward-disabled VOD service which currently features a selection of primetime programming, including episodes of such popular ABC shows as "Castle," "Grey's Anatomy," "Private Practice" and "Desperate Housewives." Anticipated newcomers include "No Ordinary Family" and "My Generation." Additionally, episodes of ABC News' "Good Morning America" are available each week.
> Disney-branded On Demand offerings for kids, including Disney Channel On Demand and Disney XD On Demand. Refreshed each month, the Disney Channel VOD offering will include episodes from such series as "Handy Manny," "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and "Special Agent Oso" for preschoolers, as well as variety of episodes from "Wizards of Waverly Place," "Hannah Montana," "The Suite Life on Deck," "Good Luck Charlie" and other popular series for older kids. Select episodes featured on Disney Channel On Demand will be available in multiple languages. Disney XD On Demand features a variety of episodes from such series as the Emmy Award-winning animated hit "Phineas and Ferb" and "Kick Buttowski - Suburban Daredevil," as well as the upcoming sitcom "Pair of Kings."
> Locally relevant sports content from ESPN in several Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks markets, including Los Angeles, New York, North and South Carolina, Tampa, Orlando, Texas and Ohio.
> The subscription VOD service "Disney Family Movies" which features a selection of classic and contemporary films and animated shorts from The Walt Disney Studios.
> A new transactional VOD service for select content from the Disney/ABC Television Group.
* Inclusion of a variety of content from across the Disney Media Networks' portfolio on Time Warner Cable's and Bright House Networks Start Over and Look Back features.
* The addition of ESPN Deportes HD to Time Warner Cable's larger footprint.
* The launch of ESPN 3D to Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks' systems.
* A Time Warner Cable/ESPN Deportes co-branded, Spanish language sports website in Los Angeles.
* Availability of ESPN Radio feeds in New York, Los Angeles and Dallas to Time Warner Cable's video platform.
* A plethora of ESPN-branded content made available on Time Warner Cable's and Bright House Networks' sports tier.
Co-chairs of Disney Media Networks George Bodenheimer and Anne Sweeney also commented on the announcement, stating: "The successful conclusion of this wide-ranging deal demonstrates our commitment to our distribution partners and our ability to work with them to provide consumers with an unmatched portfolio of national and local entertainment, news and sports content while continuing to strengthen both of our businesses."
"We are pleased to have reached an agreement without any interruption in service," said Glenn Britt, Time Warner Cable's Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. "We thank our customers for their support, and we look forward to launching these new and innovative products and services."
"We're pleased that an agreement has been reached with no disruption in programming for our customers," said Steve Miron, Chief Executive Officer, Bright House Networks.
About Disney Media Networks:
Disney Media Networks comprise a vast array of The Walt Disney Company's (NYSE: DIS) broadcast, cable, radio, publishing and Internet businesses, including Disney/ABC Television Group and ESPN, Inc. The Disney/ABC Television Group is composed of The Walt Disney Company's global entertainment and news television properties, including the ABC Television Network, ABC Studios, Disney Channels Worldwide, ABC Family and SOAPnet, as well as Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Disney Media Distribution. ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.
About Time Warner Cable:
Time Warner Cable is the second-largest cable operator in the U.S., with technologically advanced, well-clustered systems located mainly in five geographic areas - New York State (including New York City), the Carolinas, Ohio, southern California (including Los Angeles) and Texas. Time Warner Cable serves more than 14 million customers who subscribe to one or more of its video, high-speed data and voice services. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers a suite of phone, Internet, Ethernet and cable television services to businesses of all sizes. Time Warner Cable Media Sales, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions that are targeted and affordable. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.timewarnercable.com, www.twcbc.com and www.twcmediasales.com.
About Bright House Networks:
Bright House Networks is the ninth largest multichannel video programmer distributor (MVPD) in the US with 2.4 million customers in several large cities including Tampa Bay and Orlando, Florida; Bakersfield, California; Indianapolis, Indiana; Detroit, Michigan; and Birmingham, Alabama; along with several other smaller regions in Alabama and the Florida Panhandle. The Florida markets are adjacent and form one of the country's largest cable clusters.
For more information about Bright House Networks or our products and services, visit brighthouse.com.
Disney/ABC Television Group
Karen Hobson 818-569-7789 email@example.com
Chris LaPlaca 860-766-2239 firstname.lastname@example.org
Katina Arnold 860-766-7463 email@example.com
Amy Phillips 212-456-0226 firstname.lastname@example.org
Time Warner Cable
Maureen Huff 212-364-8206 email@example.com
Alex Dudley 212-364-8229 firstname.lastname@example.org
Bright House Networks
Kimberly Maki 407.210.3177 email@example.com
© 2014 American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.
All rights reserved.