Select a specific HELP topic:
Finding & Downloading Assets
Update User Profile
Forgot My Username/Password
Click here to log in
Once Upon a Time Premiere Event (9/21)
The Astronaut Wives Club
Fresh Off The Boat
How to Get Away with Murder
Last Man Standing
Manhattan Love Story
Marvel's Agent Carter
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Once Upon a Time
Secrets and Lies
America's Funniest Home Videos
Bachelor in Paradise
Dancing with the Stars
Dancing with the Stars: The Results
The Great Christmas Light Fight
ABC World News Tonight with David Muir
ABC World News Tonight Saturday and Sunday
America This Morning
Good Morning America
Good Morning America: Weekend Edition
News Correspondents and Reporters
This Week with
What Would You Do?
World News Now
Jimmy Kimmel Live
Stand Up To Cancer (9/5)
The ABC's of Schoolhouse Rock (9/7)
Miss America 2015 (9/14)
It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (10/15)
Toy Story of TERROR! (10/15)
The 48th Annual CMA Awards (11/5)
Toy Story That Time Forgot (12/2)
The Great Halloween Fright Fight
Other Press Sites
DATG Press Sites
Disney|ABC Television Group
ESPN / ABC Sports Press Site
Request a specific photo or video clip:
Video Clip Request
Thursday, April 26, 2012
ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -
ABC'S REVENGE WINS ITS HOUR FOR THE 2ND WEEK IN A ROW (4/25)
: To use this function, upgrade your browser:
April 26, 2012
Quick Take for Wednesday, April 25, 2012
(Fast Affiliate Live + Same Day Ratings)
ABC's Mix of Repeats and Originals Defeat NBC's All-Original Wednesday Lineup
ABC's Repeat "Suburgatory" Nearly Doubles NBC's First-Run "Best Friends Forever"
Up Year to Year and Topping its Most Recent Encore, ABC's "Modern Family"
Repeat Finishes as Wednesday's No. 1 Scripted TV Show Among Adults 18-49
Showing Strong Lead-in Retention, ABC's "Don't Trust the B--- in Apartment 23"
Ranks No. 2 to the Conclusion of "Idol" for the 2nd Week in a Row in Young Adults
For the 2nd Week Running, ABC's "Revenge" Wins Wednesday's 10 O'clock Hour
Wednesday Night (8:00-11:00 p.m.)
Despite airing repeat comedies during the first 3 half-hours of the evening, ABC beat out NBC's all-original schedule on Wednesday by strong double-digit percentage in both Total Viewers (+17% - 5.6 million vs. 4.8 million) and Adults 18-49 (+50% - 1.8/5 vs. 1.2/4).
"The Middle" (8:00-8:30 p.m.)
At 8:00 p.m., ABC's repeat "The Middle" grew week to week by 7% in viewers (5.0 million vs. 4.6 million), outdrawing its last 4 repeat telecasts.
"Suburgatory" (8:30-9:00 p.m.)
Building on its lead-in at 8:30 p.m. among young adults (+8%), ABC's repeat "Suburgatory" nearly doubled NBC's original "Best Friends Forever" in the half hour in Total Viewers (+67% - 4.5 million vs. 2.7 million) and Adults 18-49 (+75% - 1.4/4 vs. 0.8/2).
* The ABC freshman comedy was up sharply over its last repeat airing (3.6 million and 1.2/4 on 4/4/12) in Total Viewers (+25%) and Adults 18-49 (+17%).
"Modern Family" (9:00-9:30 p.m.)
At 9:00 p.m., ABC's encore "Modern Family" shot up from its lead-in (+57%) to finish as Wednesday's No. 1 scripted TV show in Adults 18-49 (2.2/6).
* ABC's "Modern Family" improved over its year-ago replay by 10% in Adults 18-49. In addition, the ABC comedy topped its most recent encore (on 4/4/12) by 18% in viewers (5.8 million vs. 4.9 million) and by 22% in young adults (2.2/6 vs. 1.8/5).
"Don't Trust the B--- in Apartment 23" (9:30-10:00 p.m.)
Posting strong retention of its "Modern Family" lead-in during the 9:30 p.m. half-hour with Adults 18-34 (100% - 1.6/5 vs. 1.6/5) and Adults 18-49 (91% - 2.0/5 vs. 2.2/6), ABC's "Don't Trust the B--- in Apartment 23" ranked No. 2 to the conclusion of "American Idol" for the 2nd consecutive week on both young adult measures.
"Revenge" (10:00-11:00 p.m.)
During the 10 o'clock hour, ABC's "Revenge" finished No. 1 for the 2nd week in a row among Total Viewers, Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54. The ABC drama once again beat out NBC's "Law & Order: SVU" with Total Viewers (+6% - 6.8 million vs. 6.4 million), Adults 18-49 (+25% - 2.0/6 vs. 1.6/4) and Adults 25-54 (+24% - 2.6/6 vs. 2.1/5).
A note about increasing DVR penetration and year-to-year rating comparisons: Year-to-year rating comparisons based on the Live + Same Day data stream are distorted by the level of DVR penetration in the Nielsen sample, which has jumped up to 44% currently, from 41% at the same point in 2011. More viewers are watching shows on their own timetables, which may not be reflected in the overnight next day numbers. The only truly valid year-to-year comparison would be one based on the Live + 7 Day metric, once those stats are released by Nielsen.
Source: The Nielsen Company (Fast Affiliate, Live + Same Day Ratings), 04/25/12.
Jeff Lindsey (818) 460-5095 email@example.com / Salima Merchant (818) 460-6847 firstname.lastname@example.org / Pons Rongavilla (818) 460-5615 email@example.com
© 2014 American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.
All rights reserved.